I made this with ingredients sourced fully from Trader Joes. I didn't measure seasonings, but I was very generous with them. Add what you think is best for your tastebuds. What I love about this stew is that it is full of flavor and ready to eat without adding any toppings or being "doctored up". It's also full of veggie; which YOU NEED! I hope you enjoy it as much, as I did! It will take you to paradise!
· 3 Large Organic Chicken Breasts, fresh, raw
· ¼ Cup Quinoa, uncooked
· 3 Small Zucchini (or 2 Large)
· 1 Large Yellow Squash
· 1 Package Sliced Crimini Mushrooms
· 1 Container Mirepoix Chopped Vegetable Medley
· 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
· 2 Cans Black Beans
· 2 Can Tomato Sause (No Salt Added)
· ¼ Cup Chicken Stock (Low Sodium)
· Black Pepper
· Garlic Powder
· 21 Seasoning Salute
· Cayenne Pepper Flakes
1. Wash Chicken Breast and remove any excess fat, bones, or cartilage.
2. Pour Chicken Stock into crockpot, add Chicken Breast and season well with Black Pepper, Paprika, Garlic Powder and 21 Seasoning Salute. Cover and cook on high for approx. 2-3 hours, or until Chicken is fork tender, cooked through and reached an internal temperature of 165˚F.
3. Using a fork or butter knife, shred the Chicken Breast.
4. Add Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Black Beans, Quinoa and Mirepoix Medley to crockpot. Season with all seasoning and stir to combine all. Cover and cook on high for approx. 1 hour.
5. Reduce head to low and add Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Mushrooms and Garlic to crockpot and cook until vegetables are tender approx. 2 hours.
6. You will know it's ready when veggies are tender. Let cool and enjoy!
**Let cool to room temperature before packaging for lunch.