· 1 Lb. 80/20 or 93/7 Ground Turkey
· 1 Garlic, minced
· 1/4 Onion, minced
· 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, chopped
· 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
· 1 Tablespoon Cumin
· 3 Large Red Bell Peppers
· 1 Cup No Salt Added Chicken Broth, divided
· 1/2 Cup Diced Tomatoes (salt-free)
· 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice or Quinoa
· Coconut (or Olive) Oil Cooking Spray
· 6 Tablespoon Soy or Vegan Cheese, shredded (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium skillet, sauté Onion, Garlic and Cilantro (approx. 2 minutes). Add Ground Turkey, Garlic Powder, Cumin and completely cook meat through (approx. 4 to 5 minutes).
3. Add Diced Tomato and 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth, mix well and simmer on low for approx. 5 minutes.
4. Combine cooked rice and meat together.
5. Cut the Bell Peppers in half (lengthwise) and remove all seeds. Spoon 2/3 cup meat mixture into each Pepper half and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top each with 1 tablespoon Soy Cheese.
6. Pour the remainder of the Chicken Broth into the bottom of the backing dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for approx. 45 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the foil and serve right away.
**This can be used as a dinner option if the Brown Rice or Quinoa is eliminated.