• 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
• 1 Cup White Onion, chopped
• ½ Cup Carrots, chopped
• 1 ½ Cups Mushrooms, chopped
• 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped or grated
• 1 Cup Wild Rice
• 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
• ½ Teaspoons Curry Powder
• 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
• ½ Teaspoon Cumin
• ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
• ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
• 4 Cups Vegetable Broth or No-Salt Added Chicken Stock
• 2-3 Cups Water
• 1 13.5 Oz. Can Organic Light Coconut Milk (must be 40-50 Calories per Can)
• 1 Cup Frozen Green Beans
• Optional: 1 15 Oz. Can Organic Garbanzo Beans (available at Trader Joe’s)
• Optional: 1 Lb. Shrimp (Fresh or Frozen)
1. Melt the Coconut Oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Once melted add Onion and Carrots and sauté until they begin to brown and onions have softened. Add Mushrooms and Garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes. Stir in Wild Rice, Tomato Paste and spices.
2. Add Vegetable Broth, Water and Coconut Milk to the pot and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for approx. 50-60 minutes, until rice is tender. Once tender, stir in Green Beans, Chickpeas and Shrimp and cook until they are heated through.
3. Serve immediately with a garnish of Lime juice and/or cilantro if desired!