INGREDIENTS (4 Servings)
· 2-3 Large Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
· Bell Peppers (any color), sliced
· Red Onion, sliced
· 2 Tablespoons Coconut or Olive oil
· JMF Taco Seasoning
· 1 Jar Salsa (select Low Sodium, cleanest version available)
· 3 Cups Cooked Cauliflower Rice, Brown rice, or Quinoa
· 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
· Lime, sliced into wedges
· Fresh Cilantro, to garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 400˚F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Place the Chicken, Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms onto the baking sheet and drizzle with Oil.
4. Sprinkle the Taco Seasoning evenly over both sides of the Chicken Breasts.
5. Sprinkle Taco Seasoning on Bell Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms and toss to coat.
6. Top each Chicken Breast with a generous pour of salsa.
7. Bake in a preheated oven until Chicken Breast is cooked through (approx. 25 minutes).
8. Rest Chicken Breast for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
ASSEMBLING THE MEAL PREP BOWLS
1. Add a base of Cauliflower Rice, Brown Rice or Quinoa to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of Black Beans, and divide the cooked Bell Peppers, Onions, and Mushrooms and sliced Chicken evenly. Garnish with Fresh Cilantro and a Lime. Let them cool slightly before placing the lids on top and refrigerating.
2. Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.