INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
(Note: Measurements are a guideline, but may be increased or reduced per your preference)
· 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
· 3/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
· 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
· 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
· 1 Cup Quinoa
· 1/4 Cup Cilantro
· Juice of 1 Lime
Chicken and Peppers
· 2 Tablespoons Coconut or Olive Oil
· 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
· 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
· 6 Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips)
· 2 Red Bell Peppers, sliced
· 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, sliced
· 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
· 1 large Onion, sliced
Pico De Gallo
1. Create Fajita Seasoning: Mix together Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin Powder, and Black Pepper in a bowl and set aside.
2. Marinate the chicken by combining (1/2) half the Fajita Seasoning, Minced Garlic, Lime Juice and the chicken in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. In a skillet, heat the Oil and add the Chicken to the pan. Cook for approx. 10-12 minutes, until the Chicken is cooked through and slightly crispy.
4. Remove Chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5. Add Onions and Bell Peppers to the pan. Add the remaining Fajita Seasoning and stir fry for approx. 3-4 minutes on high heat.
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
1. Thoroughly rinse Quinoa in cold water (this will reduce bitterness). Combine 2 cups of Water for each cup of Quinoa in a pot, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduced heat and cover. Allow to simmer for approx. 15-20 minutes until the Quinoa is cooked through, soft and fluffy. Once cooked, fold in Fresh Lime Juice and Cilantro.
Assembling the Meal Prep Bowls
1. Divide Quinoa evenly into the bowls. Divide the Chicken and Peppers on top. Let them cool slightly before placing the lids on top and refrigerating.
2. When ready to eat, add optional topping of your choice and enjoy!